Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!!

I was on the hunt for the best grain free, healthy, and yummy pizza crust out there that wouldn't fall apart on me and that tasted good.  I have tried numerous ones from many different sources, and yes I found a few that were okay but just too "different" and a little to calorie heavy.  I decided it was time to experiment with my own recipes.  What do you know it only took two tries to get one I really liked that fit all my high standards; healthy, grain free, vegan friendly, detox friendly, easy to make, lower in calories and yummy!  So with out further adieu…

Thin Crust 
1c water 
1c almond meal
*1/2c tapioca flour
1/4c flax seed meal
*1 lg egg
*1Tbsp melted coconut oil
1TBSP garlic powder
1/2tsp salt
Add any spices you like

Pre heat the oven to 450.

Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix together.  The batter will be runny don't fret.  On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper pour the batter on and spread to desired size and thinness making sure it doesn't have any holes.  Bake at 450 for 20 mins.  You can take out and freeze for later or add your preferred toppings and bake again until toppings are set and ready to eat(about 15-20 mins a@350).  Enjoy!

*tapioca flour can be sub for arrowroot powder, tapioca is just less expensive.
*you can sub for 1TBSP flax seed meal in 1TBSP water, premix 5 mins before making the batter.
*you can sub for any other oil you prefer such as olive oil if you don't mind it heated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment