Monday, March 3, 2014

What's in your Medicine cabinet?



The month of February flew by and I did not keep up with my blog as well as I intended.  Thats no reason to give up, I fell down now I am getting back up!  I have been very busy subbing long term at the elementary school here on post in South Korea, coaching my CrossFit class, keeping up with clients, learning as much as I can and then the normal cooking and cleaning that must take place that I let my blogging slip out of my reach.   On top of all that people in school have been falling sick left and right, that bug tried to take a ride with me too.  I can't remember the last time I had a fever before two weeks ago.  I had to work a half day due to the shortage of people because everyone is sick, but as soon as I got off I rounded up my natural medicine cabinet.  I am not one for taking meds, they never really help me anyways except to make me sleepy.  So instead of hitting up the cold and flu section at the PX I decided to do it all natural.  I didn't really know what would come next I just knew it started with a fever and got worse from there, so I wanted to nip it in the butt before it consumed the rest of my week and possibly weekend.


I went and got some fresh made bone broth soup from a local Korean restaurant, some kimchi, coconut water, an orange and a Korean pear and headed home.  When I came home I checked my temperature again and it was still at 101.  So I got to work.  I made fresh juice with the orange and pear, I made tea with coconut water and I ate my bone broth soup and kimchi.  I then did nothing at all.  I laid down and rested while sipping on my coconut water tea and fresh juice.  My husband came home and gave me a cold compress for my forehead and I went to bed for the night.  I slept in until 11:30 am, which I never do anymore.  When I woke up fever was gone and I had no new symptoms.  Way to go natural medicine cabinet!  I went to work the next day and people where very surprised to  see me and to see that I was no longer sick.  I refused to let that bug ride for long.  I gave my body everything it needed to heal it self and it did its job, WOOHOO!  So what are your natural remedies, what helps you and your family kick the bug or stay away from it all together?


No comments:

Post a Comment