Friday, March 22, 2013

All Natural Homemade Scrubs



Body Scrub:
8 tbsp organic sugar granules
3 1/2 tbsp pure coconut oil
So easy and inexpensive; this scrub smells great!  I get my pure coconut oil from my local Indian store.  It is very inexpensive; you can get a 16 oz bottle for $4.99.

Facial Scrub aka "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice:"
2 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp ground oatmeal
2 tbsp sugar granules
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 tbsp almond oil
2 tbsp vegetable glycerin (or you could add another tbsp of almond oil)
The vegetable glycerin leaves your skin extra soft. This makes enough to fill up a 3oz bottle where I store mine, because I like having my face scrub in a squeeze bottle.

Both of these scrubs are awesome.  If you have sensitive skin and you find the face scrub too abrasive, leave out the regular sugar granules. The regular sugar makes for an invigorating facial scrub which I like, more along the lines of St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub.  St. Ives was my favorite facial scrub, but with all the chemicals it has quickly become a thing of my past. Both of these scrubs smell so yummy you will want to eat them, and you could but try to resist since they are packed with sugar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment